2019 is International Year of the Salmon … and what great timing with salmon appearing in Sheffield again!
To celebrate we are holding a community event at Meadowhall, by the fish pass on the river Don (just outside of the Oasis dining quarter).
Join us for a guided tour of the river, and learn how salmon are making their way back to the river after 200 years, helped by fish passes. To book on a walk click here
Play your part in cleaning up the river with River Stewardship Company – all welcome. Sign up here.
You can join in fun activities with the following organisations:
- Don Catchment Rivers Trust – find out how the fish passes are helping salmon to return, and have a look at our river samples to see how healthy the river is
- River Stewardship Company – find out about their work on the river and join in the volunteer clean-up
- Blue Loop – find out about the Blue Loop and have a go on the coconut shy!
- Salmon & Trout Conservation – have a go at fishing fly tying
- Sheffield & Rotherham Wildlife Trust
- University of Sheffield – find out about the salmon DNA project and learn about the animals that live on the river